McArthur River Airstrip
McArthur River Mine, NT
Construct extension to airstrip and upgrade old runway.
To construct a 1.2 km extension to current runway while planes still operated from the old runway which was then upgraded once the new extension was completed. The planes then switched to operating from the new extension whilst upgrade was carried out on old runway.
- Effective trimming using GPS D10R Dozer and 16H Grader
- Positive communication with client on progress and working around aircraft schedules in and out of mine.
- Project finished on budget and time.
- The extension & upgrade allowed larger jets to service the mine as runway was increased in length to 2.5 km.
- Foundation preparation
- Cut to fill using 637G Scrapers
- Select sub grade/fill material – Side tipper Road trains
- Dust suppression
- Trimming of runway final fill level to +/- 5mm with GPS 16H Grader prior to sealing.